The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Stories
the Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde, By Robert Louis Stevenson, Is Part Of The barnes & Noble Classics series, Which Offers Quality Editions At Affordable Prices To The Student And The General Reader, Including New Scholarship, Thoughtful Design, And Pages Of Carefully Crafted Extras. Here Are Some Of The Remarkable Features Of barnes & Noble Classics:
- new Introductions Commissioned From Today’s Top Writers And Scholars
- biographies Of The Authors
- chronologies Of Contemporary Historical, Biographical, And Cultural Events
- footnotes And Endnotes
- selective Discussions Of Imitations, Parodies, Poems, Books, Plays, Paintings, Operas, Statuary, And Films Inspired By The Work
- comments By Other Famous Authors
- study Questions To Challenge The Reader’s Viewpoints And Expectations
- bibliographies For Further Reading
- indices & Glossaries, When Appropriate
all Editions Are Beautifully Designed And Are Printed To Superior Specifications; Some Include Illustrations Of Historical Interest. barnes & Noble Classics pulls Together A Constellation Of Influences—biographical, Historical, And Literary—to Enrich Each Reader’s Understanding Of These Enduring Works.
idealistic Young Scientist Henry Jekyll Struggles To Unlock The Secrets Of The Soul. Testing Chemicals In His Lab, He Drinks A Mixture He Hopes Will Isolate—and Eliminate—human Evil. Instead It Unleashes The Dark Forces Within Him, Transforming Him Into The Hideous And Murderous Mr. Hyde.
the Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde Dramatically Brings To Life A Science-fiction Case Study Of The Nature Of Good And Evil And The Duality That Can Exist Within One Person. Resonant With Psychological Perception And Ethical Insight, The Book Has Literary Roots In Dostoevsky’s “the Double” And crime And Punishment. Today Stevenson’s Novella Is Recognized As An Incisive Study Of Victorian Morality And Sexual Repression, As Well As A Great Thriller.
this Collection Also Includes Some Of The Author’s Grimmest Short Fiction: “lodging For The Night,” “the Suicide Club,” “thrawn Janet,” “the Body Snatcher,” And “markheim.”
1 in stock